market-farming - [Market-farming] peppers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Burke Farm <burkefarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] peppers
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:43:27 -0400

Zone 5, Central IN- not a good pepper season for me either. I grow
them in black plastic, organic methods. Orion, Hot Wax, Chocolate,
and Alma Paprika all set fruit.. lots of leaf spot was tough on the
plants & made a lot of fruit unmarketable. Peacework & CA Wonder
produced miniscule peppers when they did set. I'm a non-sprayer for
the most part, so I wasn't running out there with copper or anything.

I blame it on the rain. We had 4" a week, three weeks in a row, in
June, then close to 8 more inches spread around the first 3 weeks of
July.

Lisa Burke
Farming Engineers LLC