market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] peppers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: cliffordfarm AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] peppers
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 19:34:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
We're here in Utah and have had the same issues and results as many of you. We had a cold wet spring that made it hard to get going and the very hot weather where the nights didn't cool below 70 so we had problems with fruit set. Also a ton of lightning storms that really bumped up the nitrogen and thus the heavy growth. I don't think its your varsities but rather a lot of "perfect storm" situations that caused your issues.

julie clifford
clifford family farm
provo utah