market-farming - [Market-farming] Bill S510

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Raymond Wickline <faerieray AT bluefaeriefarm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Bill S510
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 06:55:53 -0700 (PDT)

On a slightly different topic, has anyone seen any reasonable articles on
S.510,
the Food Safety Modernization Act? Every article that comes my way makes it
sould like all small farms will be taken over by Monsanto and the WTO and
that
private citizens will be forbidden to grow gardens in their back yards. The
actual bill itself seems to exclude farms from its provisions, but I don't
necessarily trust my understanding of congress-speak even though I work 4
blocks
from the joint. Any direction to a calm, unbiased discussion would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

Ray Wickline
Blue Faerie Farm