internetworkers - RE: Peace Rally

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Andrew Phillips" <aphillips AT buildscape.com>
  • To: "'InterNetWorkers'" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Peace Rally
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:27:15 -0400

I think the main question is "How far does someone/something/some-group have
to push before Military action is pertinent?". There has to be some line
drawn. If we let actions like this go unanswered, what is to say that they
will not do it again? I do agree that there has to be proof that whoever we
attack had some connection... but who it is in the best interest of "the
people" to know this?

I know I will probably receive much flack for saying this, but I feel there
are some things it is better that the government didn't tell us or show us.
I think the biggest problem with the United States right now is we have this
feeling that the government has to tell us everything that they are doing...
I feel that if its for the betterment of our nation that we don't know then
so be it. The news media needs to learn they can't have it the same way they
did during the Clinton Administration. although I'm a huge Clinton
supporter, I feel they were too lax with the Media...

If the government knows its Iraq right now, and not Bin Laden... and they
are planning on attacking Iraq do you think they should tell us and thereby
telling Iraq we are planning on attacking? What good would it do? Or, on a
larger stretch to not seem raciest... what if it was China? Should we tip
our hat to China that we know so they can ramp up there military?

Not I'm not saying we should go slaughter all the people in the area around
the group, I'm saying that we need to make sure that the group (however big
or small) that knew and/or caused this horrific act should be brought to
justice.

-Andrew Phillips