internetworkers - RE: Peace Rally

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David Spitz" <dspitz AT windwire.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Peace Rally
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:52:22 -0400

>It can be argued that in trying to keep us from a war in which our men and
women will
die, they're respecting our soldiers just as much as those who see things
differently.

It coule be argued, but it seems to me that Vietnam proved the argument
wrong. A friend of mine who was in the Pentagon when it was hit says what
keeps him and the troops resolute is the absolute support they have from the
public. These are human beings and they need to know that the job they are
sent to do means something to the people for whom they are doing it.

David