internetworkers - RE: Peace Rally

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rachel Cox <rachel AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Peace Rally
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:43:07 -0400

At 12:37 PM 9/21/2001 -0400, David Spitz wrote:
[snip]
>I know a few good men who are on ships right now putting themselves in
>harm's way so that we (and the World) will have our freedoms and liberty
>preserved. The least we can do is respect that.

The notion that people who protest war are disrespecting the people
who'll die in that war has always interested me. It can be argued
that in trying to keep us from a war in which our men and women will
die, they're respecting our soldiers just as much as those who see
things differently.

Regards -
Rachel
Rachel Cox | Web Developer | 919.834.2552 x16 | hesketh.com/inc
Image is only the beginning. http://www.hesketh.com/
hesketh.com is hiring: http://hesketh.com/careers/