internetworkers - RE: Peace Rally

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Medical Illustration <druid AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Peace Rally
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:19:58 -0400

> There's a big difference between appeasement and following international
> law.
> I'm definitely uncomfortable with the idea of going forward at this time
> when
> the government can't show evidence of either bin Laden's involvement or the
> Taliban's support for his activities. What if six months from now we figure
> out Iraq was actually the culprit?
>
> http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/wolf.blitzer.reports/

Alright, I keep hearing this crap, and it's annoying. I would like to make
sure that we punish the people responsible for this attrocity. But lets get
real. We aren't going of to war JUST to get Bin Laden -- our leaders (esp.
Bush & Powell) are making it explicitly clear that we are going after EVERY
terrorist group with global reach-- that includes Al' Queda, the Hezbulah,
etc..

We keep talking about this event as if its the only one that we are
concerned about. This event was not an isolated incident that came from
nowhere -- this was the latest, and most successful in a long chain of
successful attacks on us and ours. This was the straw that broke the
camel's back. Bin Laden has plenty to answer for without being responsible
for this act, as do most other terrorists of his stature.

How about instead of international law we punish these sons of bitches using
turkish law -- Lets see, a man is allowed to kill his wife for not being a
virgin there -- owning a TV can result in imprisonment or death -- wonder
what the punishment would be if a man killed several of his fellow turks?

Drew