internetworkers - RE: Peace Rally

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David Spitz" <dspitz AT windwire.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: <bluefreaky AT hotmail.com>
  • Subject: RE: Peace Rally
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:37:00 -0400

How ironic. The very political system that guarantees these freedoms to
assemble and protest is under attack by people whose explicitly pronounced
objective is to destroy the United States, and the best these folks can do
is suggest we capitulate to the whims of murderous lunatics. That approach
was tried in the 1930's, and it was called "appeasement". The results were
disastrous, and if not for the courage of leaders like Churchill, could have
been cataclysmic. Ben Franklin: "If you make yourselves sheep, the wolves
will eat you.". We have been deliberately put on a collision course with
evil, and blinking is not an option.

I know a few good men who are on ships right now putting themselves in
harm's way so that we (and the World) will have our freedoms and liberty
preserved. The least we can do is respect that.

David