internetworkers - RE: Peace Rally

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jason Laughlin <jason AT jasonlaughlin.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Peace Rally
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:30:13 -0400

Whoa, back the truck up. Y'see, this is the sort of ignorance that gets
Americans in
trouble (esp. the ones holding the guns) when they get involved with
international policy.

Turkey is a secular state and part of NATO. There is a sizable Islamic
population, but the
majority of the population and the government supports secular policies and
parliamentary
representation, including Western preferences for their legal and economic
systems.

I believe you were attempting to cite some misunderstood form of what passes
for rule of
law under the Taliban in Afghanistan.
Jason