internetworkers - RE: Peace Rally

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Medical Illustration <druid AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Peace Rally
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:58:41 -0400

Actually I doubt that the actual military movements will be much of anything
but something to show the public (unless of course we end up going to war
with the Taliban -- a distinct possibility at this point). I imagine the
real work will be behind the scenes tactics & missions that we will never
see or even know about. If I remember correctly Bush specifically stated
something to this effect in his speech last night.

Nor am I saying anything like "he's probably guilty of something anyway..."
-- We have plenty of things he has claimed responsibility for. This man is
responsible for embassy & plane bombings -- in other words, he is
responsible for the deaths of tens, if not hundreds, of people already,
without adding the verity or falsity of him being responsible for the
current tragedy. And he has the intent to continue killing. Intent alone
is not justification for punishment, but his past success at attacks coupled
with his intentions for the future are plenty reason enough for me.