homestead - Re: [Homestead] Irony

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Irony
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 07:51:00 -0700 (PDT)

NBC interviewed McCain this a/m about the "you lie" outburst.

McCain started off with that kind of behavior shouldn't be tolerated.

Then the interviewers went thru things point by point on what is true and
what was not true.  McCain pretty much went point by point and called out the
POTUS's "untruths".

He did say it is true that the bill does not mandate insuring illegals.
(Course, the obvious thing is illegals do a lot of things they aren't
supposed to do.... and for the zinger, the ACORN article linked earlier of
course encourages pimps to bring in illegals and have them count as
dependants,,,, so they would theoretically be insured under the pimps'
Obamacare....)

He did point out that the Gov't budget office itself states that the
discrepancy in the costs.
He stated the plan is "generational theft".
He stated it is true that 4/5 (committees?) have already passed this plan,
but as to the partisan support, said the fact is there is not a single
republican on any of those (committees?).
He sort of danced around the end of life counseling thing, gave some
parallels to solutions elsewhere, and concluded that there is real reason for
concern - although I think it was not about end of life counseling, but
something else, the cause/effects issues that will result.

I forget the other points..
Wish I could find a link of that interview.   The look on Today Show's hosts
faces (Lauer & Meredith) at the end were... priceless.

From: Lynda lurine AT com-pair.net

Well, besides that lie (and, yes it is a lie.  The bills state that NO ONE
will be denied coverage based on "any characteristic."  That is repeated and
the "any" emphasized!  Being illegal is a characteristic!), I quit watching
after catching him in 2 more outright lies.

Lynda
All politicians should be limited to two terms:  one in office, one in jail.