homestead - Re: [Homestead] was british- now Bev's realization

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was british- now Bev's realization
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 21:38:03 -0800

O.K., we're talking at cross purposes. However, since I used for many years a sig line that said "OAD/CAM" (Old As Dirt, Clear As Mud), I'm not the least bit surprised. :)

I don't "see" how I "see" the world as negative or fear and that caused me a bit of confusion. I see it as not playing pretend, and that is not meant to offend anyone but just how I've always viewed it. A total land of reality. My cousin said I don't have any frosting on my cake or gravy hiding what is under neath everything <g>

However, in my case, while I see all of the "stuff" out there without the painting of nice on them, I don't give a dead rat's patooty about them either. Don't care about the opinions of others and never have. Oh well if "they" don't like it. I have never had to choose or create an environment because I never gave any energy to those who create hostility.

Ah geez, I am by far worse than you at explanations <g> I reign supreme in the land of CAM!

And, yes I can see how you came to your conclusion. I'm just a little more weird than you <g>

snip<
Oh no, that's fine. In the first place it was just a theory, and not a
fully developed theory at that. Secondly, I am not very good at
expressing what I mean. I just view the world so differently than some
people..I see hostility, artificiality, and negativity, but some people
never see that. I just think that perhaps the more dysfunction one has
in their lives when they are children, the more 'negative' their
universe as adults. Now, as an adult, I empower myself by choosing my
own environment which is my homestead...a place that is not hostile, not
artificial, and not negative..it is a place of my doing, my creation,
and it is positive. I need that like air. When I need to center, I
simply need to immerse myself in my homestead doings and shut off the
outside world..then, I feel safe and secure.

Bev

----- Original Message ----- From: "EarthNSky"
<erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
I wish I could say that. For me, the world has been a scary place
since I was a little kid. I do believe that I live far away from
most people to gain a sense of security that I don't feel living
amongst others in society. Lynn, was your childhood 'normal'? I
have a theory that people who grew up in households where there was
minimal dysfunction generally have fewer fears about things,
whereas people like me who grew up in abusive households never
quite process it all well, end up having scary dreams, and then of
course that affects their waking life and adulthood.

--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will
not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius

~ Calvin Coolidge