homestead - Re: [Homestead] was british- now Bev's realization

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was british- now Bev's realization
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 12:08:02 -0500

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
People in the city tend to ignore each other more...maybe that's the 'tension' you pick up on. Maybe that's why I don't feel comfortable in cities. Or malls.

That's is part of it for me.

There's something where we agree, Bev. I don't watch much TV because I think a lot of it is demeaning/makes people look stupid. Southpark, from the little I've seen (little clips), is worse than most. I don't watch horror movies or those 'dark' movies where the bad guys win. It's just not a world I like to see. I hate practical jokes, too. I don't even watch shows like Hell's Kitchen, because watching Chef call people names that they have to bleep isn't entertainment for me.

It just seems to be everywhere I look..

I don't see nature as hostile, but I sure respect her power. I think we've all learned that it's easier to work with Mother Nature than try to fight her. I live in her world, so I have to accommodate her seasons and whims. My joy comes from being able to sit inside by the fire and watch Mother Nature send down a blizzard. Yeah, I have to put on my 17 layers and go out in it sometimes, but knowing my comfy chair is by the fire makes it OK.

And you know, this too, shall pass.
Good deal.
I am grateful for my friends here on the list. You guys keep me on an even keel.

Bev

--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

~ Calvin Coolidge