homestead - Re: [Homestead] was british- now Bev's realization

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Sage Austin|Eureka!Design <eureka AT hctc.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was british- now Bev's realization
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:17:49 -0800 (PST)

You have such a gift for putting thoughts to paper, Sage. I realize people
are adaptable , I think Darwin (with Alfred R. Wallace) was one of history's
great thinkers; but when people become hungry, hot , and dirty, they are
going to be doing some hollering as they learn to adapt. :-)

I didn't vote for Obama, but most of my friends did, and they generally have
'hope' with him, like you describe.

you wrote : "It's the adventure, the not-knowing that sometimes make life
exciting. Like hiking and wondering what is around the bend."

That is the way I looked at life when I was younger. And there was plenty of
excitement (as an aside -- sometimes excitement is not necessarily a good
thing -- ;-) ) I'm trying to become like that again. I need to quit
listening to all of the 'experts'; none of them know much more about what
will happen in the future than you or me. We are all just guessing.
But, I have other people in my life to concern myself with now.....

I do worry too much about too many things of which I have little control. My
shrink says I have several anxiety disorders. I'm not fearful of anyone or
anything; it isn't fear. Actually, I've always been somewhat of a risk
taker. it is just anxiety that builds into agitation. I've tried half the
pharma in the DSM-IV, it seems. Anyway, my point is that you are correct
that worrying is unhealthy.

I have never defined myself, in public, by material things. That doesn't
mean that I am not bitter at myself with my scorecard dropping so
significantly at this stage in my life. But , you are right, it's just a
void; just a score. I never intended to spend it all, anyway. Now, I will
have to, but I won't go hungry.

I might borrow youm story about no-one being worth " banging my head on a
tree" :-) . That is a good line.

Thanks again, Sage ; (And I will work on "hope") ....................