homestead - Re: [Homestead] was british- now Bev's realization

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was british- now Bev's realization
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 07:27:33 -0800 (PST)

Well Lynn, I guess we have seen different pictures of the bad parts of the
city. I don't think my general posts are filled with visions of an
apocalyptic future, except in reference to those beliefs held by others.

Personally, I don't think things will become even close to that bad. I
imagine in less than 10 years, we will be just as much a materialistic,
consumeristic society as we were two years ago.

I am glad that you have never found yourself in a bad situation, in the city,
or elsewhere. But, you do know that there is a lot that goes on in the city
that you would find horrifying.

I can't deny that which I know is reality; but the post you referenced today
was just a poorly written knock on the 'what if' scenario.

I will repeat, I apologize to you for upsetting your morning.............