homestead - Re: [Homestead] was british- now Bev's realization

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was british- now Bev's realization
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 08:08:38 -0800 (PST)

Sage , 'a very eloquent and thoughtful post. You do know when I refernce you
all as being 'hard' or 'tough', it is a compliment. I think what the women
on this list do, themselves , is amazing. But, it makes me smile when
someone says something like they compared the upkeep of their beau to the
upkeep of a horse :-)

For whatever reason, aside from my poor writing skills, some people have an
image of me that isn't close to reality. But, that is okay; kindness always
wins out in the end.

When you say "most women" are like you, I don't agree, though. Most women ,
as well as most men, just want their comfortable place in the material world
-- at least that is my present jaded observation. That isn't to say that
makes anyone good or bad, it is just an observation.

I wish more of you kept blogs. I read your's and Roxanne's, regularly.

I am not as optimistic about people working together as you seem to be, but I
hope you are right. I hope even the least ominous scenario that I am
concerned about, never comes to pass.

Anyway, thanks for helping me back to the right side of the path,
sage.........bob

--- On Wed, 2/4/09, Sage Austin | Eureka! Design <eureka AT hctc.net> wrote:

> Bob, you often talk about all of us tough, hard homesteading ladies. I
think most women possess this spirit whether they know it yet or not.
> But I think our hardness does not come from guns, it comes
from perseverance and determination as much as it does compassion, humility,
and love.