homestead - Re: [Homestead] was british- now Bev's realization

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was british- now Bev's realization
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 07:55:11 -0800 (PST)

Next time it occurs, just ask, I don't mind. But, just for future reference
, let me say: I am not a survivalist; I am not a doom and gloomer; I don't
believe in 'peak oil'; I am not a goldbug, I don't believe evryone will be
walking on highways because oil ceases to exist, I don't believe the
'ass-sitters' in society will become anymore endangered as a group than
people who shovel dirt., etc., etc, --- but I do discuss issues where these
things are mentioned. When I said "I would", I was picturing in my head
scenes from the movie "mad max", not a sunny day at the beach.

Our society has become accustommed to things occuring in a certain way.
Change is usually slow; if this financial mess causes fast or cataclysmic
change, things 'might' get hairy for a while, and then we will go back to
business as usual --whether that is a good thing, or not.