homestead - Re: [Homestead] was british- now Bev's realization

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was british- now Bev's realization
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 11:49:55 -0500

bobf wrote:

My best friend wants to introduce me to Ikea in downtown Atlanta on
Thursday. I have no interest in going.

***** IKEA - Cheap Temporary junk -- but colorful. For the money, a
person could do much better at an estate sale or an auction

Luckily, that trip is postponed until next week. I am going to push for a visit to the Botanical Gardens instead of IKEA. :)

If tyou can remember
your dreams -- most people don't-- there are some books on the
interpretation of dreams.

*****I don't know if it is new-age garbage or not. Some Indians put
stock into dreams, but I know nothing , really, about the subject. I
don't know if your insurance covers psychiatry, but some
psychiatrists are really good with delving into a person's dreams. I
like my psychiatrist. She finished Harvard medical school several
years before the President started Harvard Law. I poke fun at her
that "her people" (Bush went there too) are ruining the d*mn country.

Dreaming is the way one processes information and solves problems and dilemmas. If you pay attention to your dreams, very often you will gain valuable insight into yourself. Yes, I have kept dream notebooks and have explored interpretational books and such.

**** **My escapism is all about furthering my happiness. I 'want'
privacy, so I shall have privacy. I've paid off the government goons
and don't have any other obligations. I want to do what I think will
bring me the greatest joy. To me , my idea of 'bobfordsteading' is
not about work and drudgery; it is about fulfilling a personal
desire. And, I am not trying to build up a place to leave as a
legacy.

Well, good luck to you Bob. I hope you can begin your escapist journey soon.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will
not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius
will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the
world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone
are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve
the problems of the human race"

~ Calvin Coolidge