homestead - Re: [Homestead] Carrots

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Carrots
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 11:11:09 -0500

I remembered the Cosmic Purple, but not the others...thanks!

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

The colored carrots are pretty much the same cultivars sold under various creative names. I recommend Baker Creek as a source and there they are called, since you are an astronomer, Solar Yellow, Lunar White, Atomic Red, and Cosmic Purple. Baker Creek's carrot seed are ungraded and so when they say you get 600 seeds, it is more like 2000.

--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

~ Calvin Coolidge