homestead - Re: [Homestead] was british- now Bev's realization

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was british- now Bev's realization
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 01:36:06 -0800 (PST)

--- On Tue, 2/3/09, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

In a similar way, I was always environmentally
> minded, but never thought about 'living green'.

***** AS a child and even a young man, I never thought much about such
issues, other than to know that littering was wrong and that you shouldn't
kill a songbird or be cruel to animals. Well, I did get involved with a
'save the manatee' group, but that was more about meeting girls. We didn't
mis-use our land and we were not cruel to animals, but we never thought of
any of that as a political or social statement -- it was simply the right and
proper way to behave.

I just think there were a confluence of ideas that this list put together
for me, and suddenly, I had a solution to the dreams that haunted me, but
that solution also felt right.

****** I remember when you bought your land; and when you were deciding
about whether TJ should go to public schools after being homeschooled. Time
moves quickly.

> I know you are not alone with that belief, but I am not
> that cynical yet. It is a crazy, idiotic, mixed up world,
> but I still think you have to teach a child to do the right
> thing by people, even if they are outside the 'circle of
> trust'.<g>

Go visit Atlanta on a Friday night, walk the streets -- you are looking at
the future.

> My best friend wants to introduce me to Ikea in downtown
> Atlanta on Thursday. I have no interest in going.

***** IKEA - Cheap Temporary junk -- but colorful. For the money, a person
could do much better at an estate sale or an auction

I certainly never wanted to be right, because life wasn't a bowl of cherries
in my dreams. It was more like Hell, pain and suffering-not
> something you wish for.

******** I rarely remember my dreams. Sometimes , I'll remember them just
for a minute or so after waking, with the good ones, I want to go back to
sleep so the girls won't leave; the bad ones, I forget them, but I'm wary for
the rest of the day. If tyou can remember your dreams -- most people don't--
there are some books on the interpretation of dreams.

*****I don't know if it is new-age garbage or not. Some Indians put stock
into dreams, but I know nothing , really, about the subject. I don't know if
your insurance covers psychiatry, but some psychiatrists are really good with
delving into a person's dreams. I like my psychiatrist. She finished
Harvard medical school several years before the President started Harvard
Law. I poke fun at her that "her people" (Bush went there too) are ruining
the d*mn country.

All the preparations are meaningless if the rest of your family is gone.

***** Very important; but a little different with you than me,because of your
children

> That's horrible, Bob. I wouldn't have thought that
> of you. I don't know what to say.

****** Bev, we were talking real raw 'survivalism'. I'm not a survivalist,
but I was making the point that that is the way to survive and thrive in a
world of barbarism. I don't believe, at all, that things will become so bad;
but, if they do, I would be stupid to think hiding in place would be my
salvation.

> Careful there, or you will see the people you fear in the
> mirror.

***** I've seen that person in the mirror, before, Bev. I never want to see
it again. I was taught business by men who wore Brooks Brothers suits, but
who were capable of depraved violence when someone messed with their money.
But that isn't my point.

*****My point is that you and I are old enough and decent enough to do what
is right without a thousnad laws, rules,& regulations dictating our every
movement. People commit felonies and misdemeanors regularly without knowing
that they have broken the law. I know, usually, the 'right' thing to do.
Whether or not it is legal doesn't enter the picture for me , much anymore.
Remember who wrote those laws and for whose benefit they were written.

> That sounds promising. Want to share any details?

that magician made the statue of Liberty dissappear? It is all about
illusion and mis-direction. Our only reality to any entity is by our
numbers. Birthdays, SSN, Tax ID #,DL, mailing address number, telephone #
etc. When a person can have his numbers living in a totally different place
than his physical being, then, his physical being is free.

**** I can always post pictures and say hello to this group or to others when
I am traveling away from my 'bobfordstead'. Money can not buy happiness, but
it can buy , to some extent , privacy. I intend to gradually dissapear into
the ether, with no one the wiser. Even my family will not know, for at least
the first few years while I have completely established personal privacy. I
visit them , ususally, rather than them visiting me, anyway.

**** **My escapism is all about furthering my happiness. I 'want' privacy,
so I shall have privacy. I've paid off the government goons and don't have
any other obligations. I want to do what I think will bring me the greatest
joy. To me , my idea of 'bobfordsteading' is not about work and drudgery; it
is about fulfilling a personal desire. And, I am not trying to build up a
place to leave as a legacy.

**** Note , Mama is flying out to visit me next month; she will be here for
almost a month. The dog is not going to like someone getting that much
attention.

*****You know you really are a very bright person , Bev. You don't give
yourself enough credit. By the way, your story about Ron trying to change
the rules of sowing seed made me laugh. When I planted my 'seed' garden spot
last fall, I did the same thing he did. The damn seed were so tiny.....

Thanks for the conversation ...............bobb