homestead - Re: [Homestead] british survival post apocalypse

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] british survival post apocalypse
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 13:35:12 -0800

Bob, obviously you needed my grandmother to straighten you out a time or two. Since she is no longer with us, I'll give you one of her quotes, "act your age, not your shoe size."

This whole post is beyond childish!

Your first comment, petty and childish and none responsive.

Your second comment, in this case you would be wrong. The escapist survivalist (and James would be somewhat incorrect and there are two distinct types, the escapist survivalist and the survivalist), plans narcistically and lives in the immediacy. The homesteader looks at the large picture and plans for the foreseeable and beyond.

Third comment. Silly and incorrect. Everyone creates their own labels. Some labels are universally accepted and some aren't.

Fourth comment shows a lack of understanding of the English language as applied to the internet. A troll is someone who *comes to* a list with the intent of causing problems. Obviously James is not a troll.

And, my next to last comment. Have you ever heard the old comment "me thinks he doth protest too much"? Well, with your continual ranting about the "label" homesteading, it doesn't change who or what or how James is looked at. It simply reinforces what he is saying about you not being a homesteader. By jumping in, in a juvenile manner, I might add, every single time James makes a comment about the label homesteader, you reinforce the image that you aren't and don't understand the concept.

And my last comment, you can breath a sigh of relief now <g>, is that it is most annoying to have you create a situation where I have to keep agreeing with James. James and I have spent many a long year, decades and more, disagreeing. You are ruining our image. So, stop it right now!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

*******So proclaims the emperor with no clothes....

****** No it isn't -- you are simply wrong, again

******So now the unclothed emperor is creating his own (incorrect)definitions and labels again
.
****** Or worse,yet, play the indignant, narrow minded troll when someone dares to question your not-so-desirable attitude toward life.

*****Not everyone designs & builds themselves a prison away from the 'other', and calls it a homestead. Actually those who do might be called a 'gloom and doom survivalist' Now, that is how I would define such a troll that spends so much of his time labeling and trying to denigrate others; since we are allowed our own definitions. And, I would add joyless and overwrought with fear, when thinking of you.

Bev doesn't need your acceptance, nor do any of the rest of us. Your knowledge of practical skills makes you a beneficial part of this list. Your personality makes you an irritant and a bore.

You simply can't let go of a matter and behave yourself ; for pity......