homestead - Re: [Homestead] Flax...was..Update on health

  • From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Flax...was..Update on health
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 19:49:14 -0500

Experiment Bev...One of the things that got me into experimenting is the fact
that I love Pesto. I make several batches in season and then freeze them to
have all winter. The first thing I tried the pesto on was corn on the cob!
Wow I love it, then I tried it on different veggies. I like it on
all...sorta use it like butter. I discovered so many ways to enjoy the pesto
that I have tried other things on stuff and the flax seed is one that works
on lots of stuff. Try a teaspoon or so on whatever you have and decide if
you would do it again or not.
My mother was a professional chef and I learned early on how to try things
out! One of my pastimes is reading cook books. Sometimes I spend days
reading a new cookbook. Used to have several hundred of them but living in
my 12 by 30 foot house sorta limits me to the healthy ones now. You can have
just about anything I have but NOT my books. Even in my little house I have
a 8 foot long by 7 foot high wall of bookcases plus an above the 6 foot long
kitchen window a shelf for cookbooks. My interests are Spiritual books,
gardening books, and cooking/health oriented books. Also a small space for
do it yourself type books. How did I get off on that subject????
Any way just experiment with the flax seed!
Have fun.
Jeanne
tnhillwoman
North East TN zone 6