homestead - Re: [Homestead] Flax...was..Update on health

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Flax...was..Update on health
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 19:25:23 -0500

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 7:13 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I have a mortar and pestle. I use flax in breads-loaf bread, muffins,
> etc. In addition to adding those Omega fatty acids, I believe it helps
> my concentration and focus. I have a mason jar full of them on the
> kitchen counter. I will try grinding them. Eggs...they are good on
> eggs? What veggies?

I've only loosely been following this thread. I've been adding flax
seed meal to my diet. One good way is granola if you like it. I make
it with oatmeal and flax seed mill. It takes the place of or adds to
the wheat germ in the recipe. Maybe it's the flax that's making me
feel better in addition to the decent breakfast.

Hodgson Mill sells it at Walmart. Fresh ground is probably better.

Rob - Va