homestead - Re: [Homestead] Update on health: turmeric and milk thistle

  • From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Update on health: turmeric and milk thistle
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 06:09:13 -0500

Thanks for the update Bev.
It is really great getting all this information. It appears that just by
luck I have always added a tablespoon of olive oil or 1/4 cup of walnuts to
my morning drink, which also includes a heaping tablespoon of organic
turmeric (Frontier Herb Co.) along with a tablespoon of organic ground
ginger. For whatever reason it works for me as I am 95% pain free. Also in
that drink I include 2 Tablespoons of fresh ground organic flaxseeds, so I
think I am well oiled. :)))
To bad we are not able to conduct more testing among ourselves.
Will take the time though to find out how Frontier gets the turmeric and how
it is processed, or not.
It is good to hear that the milk thistle is working for your liver. Now that
you are back on the drug do you think it might be necessary to increase the
milk thistle?
Jeanne
tnhillwoman
North East TN zone 6