homestead - Re: [Homestead] Flax...was..Update on health

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Flax...was..Update on health
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 23:21:28 -0500

Sage Austin | Eureka! Design wrote:
Bev,

You can make a pudding by griding a couple tablespoons of flax seed
and adding them with a little fresh fruit (banana, kiwi,
strawberries, etc) in a blender, sweetened if you like with a little
honey, a little lemon juice and vanilla for extra flavor. I let them
set up in the fridge in individual cups and garnish with some lemon
peel freshly grated. Because the seeds are so gelatinous they make a
good pudding and once you get the hang of it since there' no cooking
involved you can knock out an elegant, healthful dessert in no time
at all.

--Sage

Gelatinous? That sounds very good, Sage. I don't have any fresh fruit,
but I do have frozen fruit so I am going to try it using frozen peaches.
I never thought of using flax in things other than what I already do. I
can't wait to try some of these things. We've been trying a lot of new
stuff lately, and so far, we have diversified our diet well. They say
your taste changes every 7 years...it must be true. I can't believe the
things I eat/crave...raw onions!!!! Beets!!! I've gone from craving
guacamole to craving onions!! I barely ate cooked onions before!
Yesterday, I caught myself drooling over borscht recipes...Borscht!!!

Bev
--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will
not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius

~ Calvin Coolidge