homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 15:16:04 -0800 (PST)

You ahven't even gotten your deer yet, and you are going to help defend your
hamlet ? Bev, I'm teasing, I just wrote to Lynn, I still don't think things
have to become 'that' bad. I see much bad, in the next several years, but
not necessarily societal collapse. I'm just trying to hear other people's
opinions on what they think the best and worst case scenarios in 'their'
world; which could be similar or dis-similar to mine.

Beleive me, no body in the city is sitting around planning how to best invade
the rural hamlets to steal people's rutabaga harvests. But, in this world
where I live, even in nice, affluent, secure parts of the city; a person can
be harmed or killed for his watch and (possibly empty) wallet.