homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 22:52:48 -0800

Well, Bob, I think I can address it from both ends of the spectrum. You don't get much more citified than San Francisco and the Bay Area. That would be where I spent a number of my younger years plus doing business in a lot of big cities (NY, Chicago, London, etc.).

My view is that most of the city folks are not prepared for living without the nanny state. PREPARED is the key. And prepared is a whole world of different than most folks think it is.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

Part of what you wrote is correct, Lynn. But, think about this; you 'don't' live in the city. Do you really feel like you are 'in cintrol'?. If your answer is yes, remind me again of why you are afraid to sell a silly gallon of milk.

What being in the city, and then visiting rural areas does accomplish is to give a person perspective on some ideas like 'power of numbers', 'dependence upon municipal utilities' ; 'dependence on food distribution'; things like that. In the city, I could see total chaos, within a few weeks, for the people 'left' in the city. Those of us who are able, though, will have left the city, and headed toward the rural areas; some of us to family and friends with only good intent; others; the direction and intent will be different.

City people think Country people are dumb, uneducated, easily manipulated hicks. Ruralites think that people living in the city are weak , soft, p*ssies. Both views are naiive. You know how cheap life could be in certain parts of Philly, the same is true of 'certain' parts of this city. Cities compress numbers. We are simply the children or grandchildren of rural people. Am I so different from my deer hunting, wood-cutting; brothers at home. No, of course. Are you really that much different , as a person, than when you lived in Philidelphia? probably not.........