homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's almost over

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's almost over
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 07:00:19 -0500

http://www.theserpentswall.com/page2.html war has been around a long
time for something that is not part of the race and it is a big part
of our history.
Hard to deal with the word 'universal'. Maybe the people who don't
want war are a subset?

I'd venture to say that most individuals in the history of the world have NOT fought in a war (many have run from or hunkered down during one in their lands, though). I guess it depends on whether you look at it from a political (country) perspective, or an individual perspective. Being a warrior is a specialized job that a very small percentage of the population undertakes..I'd consider warriors the subset of the larger population.

Lynn Wigglesworth.