homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's almost over

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's almost over
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 21:09:20 -0800

At 12/4/2008 07:22 AM,Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

Am I not writing English? I don't seem to be able to make my point that
there are people, cultures, religions, etc. that DON'T start conflicts with
others. Bev and others have implied, or outright said that it's "just the
way human are" to aggress against others and take what they want. I'm saying
that as long as there are people who DON'T do that, it can't be a universal
"human" trait...it is perhaps a trait in a subset of humans, but not all. If
violence and aggression were universal human traits, wouldn't ALL people be
brawl and stealing?

Lynn Wigglesworth

http://www.theserpentswall.com/page2.html war has been around a long time for something that is not part of the race and it is a big part of our history.
Hard to deal with the word 'universal'. Maybe the people who don't want war are a subset?

Rob
becida AT comcast.net