homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's almost over

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's almost over
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 12:04:41 -0800 (PST)

--- On Tue, 12/2/08, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> And as far as draft dodging, I had to go back and refresh
> myself on
> Clinton-couldn't recall his details, but I think Saxby
> was worse than
> Clinton. Both went to great lengths to avoid the draft.

I'm wondering if any here remembers what Clinton did to dodge the draft. I
heard someone say he went to Canada to escape the draft, can't imagine if he
did that it would have been headline news everyday of every campaign??? I
know there were college deferrals, that would have been available to anyone
who had the funds to attend college. He and I are about the same age so by
the time he graduated the number system came into play. Did he have a high
number and had to take other measures?
Van Dell