homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's almost over

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's almost over
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 23:05:13 -0600

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 10:18 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:
> LOL, well, it could always be worse. I could be up in Minnesota
> listening to Al Franken everyday..OMG I think I'd go crazy.

I thought about mentioning that to you, but your pain level seemd high
already. I actually have not listened to either of those two
contenders much during this election, but Coleman is no picnic. I used
to listen to Franken's show when he was on Air America: he always had
good guests, and he's a decent interviewer. Campaigns, however, tend
to make people insane (both the candidates and the populace), so for
all I know they're both raving by this time. In a way, it's too bad
that Minnesota doesn't have a law like Georgia's that requires a
runoff if nobody goes over 50 percent. A sizeable number of voters
went for "neither of the above" so the final totals for Franken and
Coleman are somewhere in the high 40 percent range I believe (I'm too
tired to look it up). Regardless of which one ends up with a couple of
votes, ain't nobody gonna be happy with the results. I'm betting the
loser of the recount goes to court.

Marie