homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's almost over

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: vdjor AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's almost over
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 16:00:28 -0500

He had undergraduate college deferrals, but then in the late 60's he
became eligible again as grad students(i.e. law school) were no longer
safe. It was during this period of time that his actions fall under
scrutiny. I'm not aware of a Canada connection, but he was in
England..a self described 'agitated 23 year old boy'. As for the rest of
the story, well, let Bill tell you himself in the infamous ROTC letter
in the link below.
When I read the interview after the letter, I almost heard Obama instead
of Bill in my head, talking about things he did 22 years ago...lol..too
freaky..and yes, I think he said he had a high number in the interview.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/clinton/etc/draftletter.html

VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:

I'm wondering if any here remembers what Clinton did to dodge the draft. I heard someone say he went to Canada to escape the draft, can't imagine if he did that it would have been headline news everyday of every campaign??? I know there were college deferrals, that would have been available to anyone who had the funds to attend college. He and I are about the same age so by the time he graduated
the number system came into play. Did he have a high number and had
to take other measures? Van Dell _______________________________________________ Homestead list and subscription: http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/homestead Change your homestead list member options: http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/erthnsky%40bellsouth.net
View the archives at: https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/homestead