homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's almost over

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's almost over
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 01:03:08 -0500

Marie McHarry wrote:
On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 10:18 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
wrote:
LOL, well, it could always be worse. I could be up in Minnesota listening to Al Franken everyday..OMG I think I'd go crazy.

I thought about mentioning that to you, but your pain level seemd
high already. I actually have not listened to either of those two contenders much during this election, but Coleman is no picnic. I
used to listen to Franken's show when he was on Air America: he
always had good guests, and he's a decent interviewer.

I know, I'm just goofing on him. I think I mentioned in a previous post
that I actually thought he was entertaining on SNL and on Maher's show
and other places I'd seen him.

Campaigns, however, tend
to make people insane (both the candidates and the populace), so for all I know they're both raving by this time.

You aren't kidding about that. I've spoken more about my political
beliefs in the last year on this list than I have with anyone in my
life, ever. I've worked on political campaigns and voiced my opinion
less. Perhaps it is a Southern thing, that you aren't supposed to talk
about politics, I don't know. I do know that I am taking away some
lessons from this political season. Perhaps the way that I have spent
the majority of my life(not talking about my political leanings) is
better.

In a way, it's too bad
that Minnesota doesn't have a law like Georgia's that requires a runoff if nobody goes over 50 percent. A sizeable number of voters went for "neither of the above" so the final totals for Franken and Coleman are somewhere in the high 40 percent range I believe (I'm too
tired to look it up). Regardless of which one ends up with a couple
of votes, ain't nobody gonna be happy with the results. I'm betting
the loser of the recount goes to court.

Oh yeah, I think it will end up in court, too. But I gotta say that I
am surprised that I haven't seen too many news stories about allegations
of fraud or unfair election activity from either side since Election
Day, which is amazing in light of all the press we saw _before_ Election
Day...there were voter problems everywhere, it seemed...

Bev

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda