homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's almost over

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's almost over
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 05:34:06 -0800 (PST)

I question my own beliefs on concepts like war as much as I do someone
else's, like yours. I believe that we simply haven't eveolved enough beyond
our fellow primates for 'war' not to be an ever-present reality.

But, I don't like the idea of conscription or 'un-necessary' war , or my
relatives getting hurt in battle, or any children being hurt by my 'people'
in battle.

Maybe the concepts of freedom and liberty are also un-natural to our biology
and we are still trying to evolve