homestead - Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 09:20:19 -0500

The danger Kuntsler (rightly)
sees is that given the right circumstances, the mega-farms and
mega-agribusiness companies one day simply look at the bottom line and say, "Not this year,
no point in planting, no profit to be made, we'll just invest our money some
place else."

I'm sure at that point the government will step in with mega-billions to give farmers....Monsanto et al have at least as much sway with the government as the heads of finance. It will be business as usual until the whole thing collapses. What a world; I'm glad I'm watching from the fringe, where I probably won't get burnt too badly.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co PA