homestead - Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 10:07:55 -0500

"Monsanto et al" and the "heads of finance" are the same people. Just as the Democtrats and republicans are the same people. Change the model, the same people will run the new model. People on the 'fringe' , I think, are lulling themselves into a sense of false security, I think. But, I am sometimes >wrong..........

They are the same people in that they are powerful people with their fingers in the government pie, getting money and rules that favor their industries. That's why I've thought all along that Obama can't make any real change...same people running thinge behind the scenes. He put Michael Taylor on his transition team; Taylor is in the revolving door between Monsanto and the USDA...worked for both.

What do you mean by "false sense of security"? Because we think we will come out OK when thimgs fall apart? I think that 'we' (the fringe) are so fed up with the way things are that we welcome major change, no matter how painful it may be. Just wanting and being ready for the kinds of change Kuntsler talks about gives us the advantage. I can't be responsible for people who choose to live in the city; they will have to find their own way. It will be sad times, moreso for some than others. The more immersed one is in the status quo, the harder change will be.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA