homestead - Re: [Homestead] Living the good life on 5000 a year

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: vdjor AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Living the good life on 5000 a year
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 08:14:50 -0800 (PST)

I was just speaking from my own experience to the point I thought Marie was
making. Tobacco has not been health friendly for me or anyone I personally
know. I don't drink (I'm not Baptist, but take a lot of meds); but I don't
know any of my social drinking friends that would say that alcohol was one of
their great pleasures in life. And, I have several friends, my age and
younger, who have been under dirt for years, because of alcohol. Food is
harder, just because , as Bill said, the d*mn experts keep changing their
mind about what is not healthy to eat. But, moderation in everything is
probably a good healthy choice, as you wrote.