homestead - Re: [Homestead] Living the good life on 5000 a year

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Living the good life on 5000 a year
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:16:13 -0500

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
I know there are some conditions that we can't help, but I think
health is largely a result of our lifestyle and our thinking. I watch
my mother run to the doctor with every little symptom, and he gives her a new pill for each one. Then the pills interacts, so she needs a
new pill for that. If she paid more attention to her health, she
wouldn't need most of the pills. Like your friends George and his
wife, if we "know" we can't get sick, we tend to stay healthier.

I don't have much time today, and I want to write more, but for now, I
just want to say that I used to not believe this. I know James and
Denise believe it, but I used to not, and there is a part of me that is
still a doubting Thomas, but I have to open my mind to this possibility.
It is easy for me to believe that a positive attitude keeps one
healthy, so it should not be that much of a jump to think that a walled
up, defensive, negative, state of mind would also prevent disease. It
is just kind of hard to think about and believe 100%, despite anecdotal
evidence. I suppose the fact that I call the evidence anecdotal is
indicative of my doubting nature...lol..
I'm talking about serious, life threatening, long term disease like
cardiovascular and cancer, not just things like colds and flu(and yeah,
I know that flu kills).
hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda
http://www.myspace.com/tervetuloa13