homestead - Re: [Homestead] Living the good life on 5000 a year

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Living the good life on 5000 a year
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 19:45:41 EST

> >Don't smoke,
> don't drink, eat right and maybe 70 percent of illnesses will pass you
> by.

Or maybe 97% or maybe more.

It is a function of our diverse philosophies. Some see genetics as much more
mechanical than it is. Emerging research, and especially emerging
enlightenment, shows that our experiences and our attitudes actually change
our genes as
much if not more so than vice versa.

For example, new idenitcal twin studies show that although they are more or
less genetically identical at birth, by the time they are adults, they have
begun to genetically diversify and are no longer genetically identical.

In our modern world there are those who are invested in being sick no matter
what. It is a part of their identity and personality. Likewise there are
those who are invested in being well no matter what. It is part of their
identity and personality. To those with a mechanistic view of the universe
and a
mechanistic view of the human being, these people are just "lucky". But to
those
with a different focus on reality, those people are creating the atmosphere
and probability of their own health.

James (The most worderful thing about James's is I'm the only one!)