homestead - Re: [Homestead] Living the good life on 5000 a year

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Living the good life on 5000 a year
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:00:56 -0600

The monthly hook-up price for electricity here is (or was the last
time I checked) about $30/month. At one point we considered have one
hookup for the barn and one for the house when we had the dairy to
make taxes easier, but canned that idea in a hurry.

Health insurance in this country is not possible these days for less
than a couple of hundred dollars a month, and that's if you're young
(under 25) and healthy.

I look forward to James's financial analysis of the situation.

Marie