homestead - Re: [Homestead] Living the good life on 5000 a year

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Living the good life on 5000 a year
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:47:59 -0700

A positive attitude certainly helps recovery, but
while it may stave off some stuff, it's not going to help you if you
have, say, a gene that disposes you to breast cancer.

Seems to me that genetic predisposition is both knowable and preventable. I think that much of what is called genetic predisposition is because of historical family habits in eating, exercising, attitudes, and environmental conditions in the places lived. I look at family medical history as informational and useful, so I know what to guard against.