homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gun Sales Staggering

  • From: Rebecca Lewinski <rebas_own AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gun Sales Staggering
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:07:45 -0800

well, with all this talk of guns, this would be the right place to ask this
question.

We've got some, and I've never learned to use them because.... I HATE loud
sudden noises, they can really rattle me. I have the same problem with power
tools, though I am slowly getting over that (I even choose sweeping a floor
over vacuuming, one of the reasons why I don't have carpets). I should learn
to use the shotgun at least, spouse got that one because he figured if I ever
did need to use it when he wasn't around I'd stand a good chance of hitting
the target. Is this noise phobia something that is covered in gun classes?

It's been a long, long time since Spouse went hunting. I'm wondering if it
would be a good idea to get us both signed up for some sort of gun handling
class (it would be an odd Christmas gift, but it would be practical and not
take up much room except in my head...).

open to ideas here.

-Rebecca in the Great Northwest