homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gun Sales Staggering

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gun Sales Staggering
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:22:16 -0500

keith bellinger wrote:
Our family (and more and more, friends of the family join in) holds an annual "sighting-in party" and many own the muff type ear protectors but a cheap pair of foam ear plugs are much better than nothing. For skeet I used to use a 12 gauge but a couple years ago switched to a 20 and my shoulder really appreciates it.

It is nice to know that men that problem, too. Whenever I fire anything but the .223, I get a bruise and my shoulder hurts for a week or more. I press the butt against my shoulder pretty hard, sometimes I even use the strap to gain more leverage, but still, I pay for it. If I am not properly braced and ready, a 12 gauge shotgun will put me on my butt, so it's not something I'd pick up for defense as you can't run from a bear if you are flat on your back..I'm thinking that an 18 gauge would be better for me.

Bev

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda