homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gun Sales Staggering

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gun Sales Staggering
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:35:12 -0800

For your own use, Rebecca, get a 22. The noise is almost negligible. For a shotgun, if you can find one, the little 410's are relatively (all things being equal) quiet. They don't have the big boom that most shotguns have.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rebecca Lewinski" <rebas_own AT hotmail.com>

well, with all this talk of guns, this would be the right place to ask this question.

We've got some, and I've never learned to use them because.... I HATE loud sudden noises, they can really rattle me. I have the same problem with power tools, though I am slowly getting over that (I even choose sweeping a floor over vacuuming, one of the reasons why I don't have carpets). I should learn to use the shotgun at least, spouse got that one because he figured if I ever did need to use it when he wasn't around I'd stand a good chance of hitting the target. Is this noise phobia something that is covered in gun classes?

It's been a long, long time since Spouse went hunting. I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to get us both signed up for some sort of gun handling class (it would be an odd Christmas gift, but it would be practical and not take up much room except in my head...).

open to ideas here.