homestead - Re: [Homestead] mullein

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: vdjor AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] mullein
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:10:15 -0600

Verbascum thapsus

http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=VETH

Although it is widespread across America, it is thought to have originated in Europe and traveled here prior to Eureopean settlement 200 years ago. For this reason, some people do not consider it a native plant. Native Americans smoke it mixed with tobacco for athsma conditions. There are many different species of mullein, but I think you can find images of most of them by searching 'mullein' under common name in the above database to see what you have.

--Sage
Way Out in Texas

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 07:18:28 -0800 (PST)