homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gun sales staggering

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gun sales staggering
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 22:23:29 -0800

That assumes that the person in question is one of those that stumbles around and isn't instantly awake. Some of us are instant awake folks and fully functional by the time our feet hit the ground. And don't need glasses <g>

Plus, with a Pitcur Hound (Tuff-E, the face of an angel, the disposition of an alligator with PMS) and an AmStaff (Cali), we'll have plenty of warning! The standing joke around the house is "when Cali speaks, people listen" <g>

Personally, I don't plan on having to use a gun in the house. Ah, that would be the object of having Tuff-E and Cali! Their bubble zone is the fence 150' form the house. Anyone coming within that distance has them both sounding off!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

Long guns are for distance. A pistol or revolver is for short range
issues. A very short barrel is good for house use, where you will be
confused, half awake, without your glasses, and half tangled in your
bedclothes--long-barrel handguns bump into things, do not swing easily.

If you need your shotgun in your house, your dog is useless.

Practice, practice, practice on some kind of regular basis, both dry
shooting and live shooting.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.