homestead - Re: [Homestead] Lunacy

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Lunacy
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 19:13:31 -0500

I seem to be missing posts or getting them out of order..
This is the first time I have seen Bob's post...
Thanks Bob and Lynda!..and you can add my name to the list on the end of your post, Bob.
The kid just called...he won't be home in 2008. There is a small window of opportunity that he could get some leave around Easter, but if that doesn't pan out, it will be into 2010, as he already knows he will be at sea between Jun 2009 and Jan 2010.
Bummer day all the way around.

Bev

Lynda wrote:
See, there ya go again. What am I? Chopped liver?

Lynda, who was a liberal before all the rest of ya <g>
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

Bev; I'll say out loud that I thought most did defend your point of view yesterday. I am not as confontational as some, and really thought the argument became more between James and Moon. They are both assertive and stong-willed enough to present their own points.

I will say this: I've been on this list for over a decade and don't 'ever' remember you saying anything that indicated bigotry based on any of the normal characteristics like race/religion/sexual preference, etc. And, I can't and don't believe that someone as smart as Moon really believes that of you.

Sometimes people get too personal with political opinions, I think. I would like to be able to continue to participate (including arguing my beliefs, as I see them) in homesteading, political, social, ecological, and any other interesting discussion.

And, I would like for You, and Moon, and everyone with whom I agreee 'and' disagree to join so that I am not just talking to people with whom I agree. Otherwise it will just be me and Lynn and Ray supporting full gay rights, legalized drugs, and open marriage ....bobford