homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 17:19:27 -0800 (PST)

Out here, where there are lots of (legal and not) Mexicans (and other South
of the Border immigrants); we just say " Mexicans". Even other Hispanics
(usually citizens) will say "the Mexicans".

White (Non =Hispanic) Americans are called Gringo or Americano,by
Mexicans, right here in the U.S. American Indians also call us 'white", or
"whitey" (like the black panther gangs of the 60s) if they are drunk and in a
bad mood. Navajo only get mad if you call them Hopi . If you mean no harm
or insult, usually you will not cause harm or insult....bobford