homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 22:29:56 -0500

I understand enough to get along. I do not owe James a dissertation.

The guys I worked with almost always spoke enough English to get along. I know them because they interacted with me on a daily basis, I know their names, their kids names, I help them send money home, I make sure they are getting enough to eat, drink, and that the horses are getting cared for too. I know they are consistently kind to my kids. I know they loved to make fun of me when they spoke Spanish too fast for me to catch it, but if I needed help they'd come running. I worked with a finite group of people. And how does this, ANY of this, pertain to you saying "poor black people" are too stupid to know better about Obama?

I never worked the backside, but there are tests in place to catch that stuff. I let the powers that be handle it.

Individual PEOPLE might not get it, but I promise you, there are many many educated people of any variety of colours who do. Except maybe all those stupid red necked Georgians? (Do you SEE now how offensive that it?)