homestead - Re: [Homestead] NYC tolls - Lynn, how would this affect someone who lives close to the city?

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] NYC tolls - Lynn, how would this affect someone who lives close to the city?
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 19:16:16 -0500

Ha! You made me Google it. From my house to the Metropolitan Museum of Art on 5th ave. is 253 miles, 4 hours 28 minutes. Or "up to 5 hours 30 minutes in traffic".

NYC is an exciting place to visit (wouldn't want to live there). I went to college in north Jersey (Rutgers U), and a friend had an aunt who worked in a Times Square ticket booth. She'd call us and tell us that if we could get to the city in an hour, she had cheap tickets to some Broadway show. We saw many of the best shows of the late 1970's....Ben Vereen at his prime in Pippin....what a treat.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>